Which finger for which ring?
Not sure which finger to wear your ring?
Here are some tips on that, and my personal opinion.
- Pinky - you're making a statement here. 10/10 the best finger to put a ring on it if you're bold enough.
- Ring - traditionally it's dedicated for committed relationships, but it does signify beauty and creativity.
- Middle - personally my least favorite because it gets in the way sometimes. It does signify balance, but I prefer to be balanced in different ways.
- Index - my favorite finger for fashionable rings. Historically, it did signify noble status (people of low status were forbidden to wear it on their index finger). Index fingers are great for power stones such as onyx.
- Thumb - similar to my middle finger, I try to limit any hindrance on my thumb. Plus, it's hard to get the right measurement (at least for me) because of the large joint.
Left vs Right Hand?
The argument is completely subjective, but I prefer to wear rings on the same wrist as my watch (left hand). Since I'm right-handed, I prefer to keep it free from extra hindrance. Its all about BALANCE. Having a well balanced ring set is important to fashion.